Trusted Environmental Lawyers for Consumer Product Manufacturers and Retailers
Marten attorneys help consumer product manufacturers and retailers navigate the quickly shifting environmental landscape. Consumer interest in “green” products can present an opportunity as well as risk. From regulatory developments surrounding emerging contaminants like PFAS, to litigation on green marketing, to the development of GHG disclosure requirements, manufacturers and retailers face many environmental risks. Our clients include nationally recognized brands in the apparel, outdoor gear, and food products industries. We also work with several industry associations where we educate membership on regulatory and litigation developments.
• Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements for legacy and emerging contaminants.
• Build out chemical and social compliance systems, including PFAS compliance, across supply chain.
• Tailor marketing and product representations to accurately portray environmental impact of products.
• Respond to government requests for information and investigations.
• Support environment, social, and governance (ESG) reporting efforts, including carbon disclosures.