Legal Assistant - Seattle Office
Marten Law is seeking a well-rounded legal assistant to work with the attorneys and staff to support our growing environmental law practice in the areas of litigation assistance, legal work, and administration. This position will eventually be staffed out of the Firm’s Seattle Office overlooking the Puget Sound, but will be staffed remotely at least through mid-2021, during the Covid-19 pandemic. The successful applicant must be willing to locate or relocate to Seattle by mid-2021. Our legal assistants manage all administrative aspects of legal cases for their assigned attorneys. These tasks generally include preparing and editing legal documents and correspondence, e-filing, maintaining electronic and paper files, arranging depositions, calendaring, and correspondence. This is a permanent, full-time position with full benefits, a competitive salary, and a great work environment. The successful candidate will be smart, a hard worker and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in legal assistance.
• Communicate directly with clients both in-person and by telephone
• Draft correspondence, research and report writing
• Organize and maintain physical and electronic case files
• Conduct general office administrative duties including copying and scanning
• Work with the firm’s paralegals and attorneys as an organized team
• Trial preparation and support, including assisting attorneys in preparing for depositions, court appearances, arbitrations and mediations, trial, and administrative hearings; and attending hearings and trials as needed
• Undergraduate degree, with preference for candidates who have demonstrated superior academic performance
• Prior law firm experience preferred, but not required
• Professional and positive attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail producing high quality work product
• Mastery of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated desire to take initiative and learn by doing
• Microsoft Office Suite expertise
Hours & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and full benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, PTO, 401k with employer match, life insurance, transportation subsidy, and long-term and short term disability policies. Hours are M-F, 8:30am – 5:00pm. Applicants must be able to pass a background check. AA/EOE.
To be considered, please send all the listed materials via email to our COO, William Ashby, at email@example.com. Your application will not be considered if it is not complete.
- Academic Transcript
- Writing sample (at least one)
- Reference (at least one)
Click here to download the position description.