Real Estate Attorney
Real Estate Attorney Position
Marten Law is seeking a Real Estate Attorney to join its growing national environmental and energy law practice. The country is quickly expanding to clean technology and renewables, and we are deepening our commitment to serving clients in these areas and related environmental fields. We are therefore looking for an experienced real estate attorney to handle some of the region’s most significant real property transactions. We would also offer that attorney substantial support for her existing clients, if applicable. We are accepting applicants seeking to work in our Seattle or Portland offices, and will also consider candidates seeking to work primarily remotely.
At Marten, you'll:
- Be part of an elite team of lawyers, focused exclusively on the environment, who push themselves to be the absolute best.
- Enjoy the independence and opportunity for serious advancement that only exists at a boutique firm—and a BigLaw salary that reflects your hard work.
- Work on the nation’s most interesting and sophisticated matters in environmental and energy law.
- Live and work in the beautiful Pacific Northwest—with the flexibility to work remotely from elsewhere in the country.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, with associate salaries starting at $175,000 in 2021. See our Employee Benefits Summary page for more information.
Marten will be a great fit, if you:
- Are a high performer with 3-10 years of experience in real estate law.
- Have multiple years of experience advising clients on purchases, sales and financing of real estate assets, including real estate due diligence, title and survey review, as well as leasing transactions. Preference will be given, but is not required, for attorneys who have worked on environmental and/or energy transactions.
- Possess the majority of the following specific skills:
- Ability to draft and negotiate deal documents for commercial real estate transactions
- Drafting real estate documents such as agreements of sale, deeds, mortgages, leases and easements
- Negotiating contracts and conveyancing terms
- Preparing and negotiating land development documents
- Preparing land use and zoning and land development applications
- Familiarity with loan documents in real estate financing transactions
- Ability to run real estate deals and due diligence calls
- Representation before municipalities at meetings and hearings
- Deliver a superior work product, including written and oral communication skills, and enjoy working in focused and dynamic teams.
- Have excellent research and analytical skills.
- Graduated from a top law school or were in the top 10% of your law school class and served on law review.
- Have been admitted to the state bars of Washington and/or Oregon or are eligible for admission by your anticipated start date.
- Have a portable book of business.
Join our elite team.
As a growing national firm, we’re seeking highly motivated, top-tier attorneys looking to grow their practice and work synergistically with our other lawyers’ practice areas. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resumé, writing sample, and transcript.