Marten Law is seeking applicants for an Assistant Office Administrator position to support our growing environmental law practice. This is an in-person position supporting administration of the firm’s downtown Seattle Office overlooking the Puget Sound.
The successful applicant will demonstrate, through their education and prior experience, superior administrative and operation skills needed to assist the firm and firm’s Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) on day-to-day administrative tasks and firm projects. These skills include attention to detail, an ability to work with a sense of urgency under time pressure, and the ability to manage multiple projects to different deadlines. Prior experience in a law or other professional services firm is a bonus, but not required. This is a permanent, full-time position with full benefits, a competitive salary, and a supportive, positive work environment.
Support the CAO in all firm management responsibilities they oversee. These include:
- Risk management support, including working with the attorneys and the Risk team to intake new clients and process them through our conflict check procedure. This includes preparing and drafting documents, database searches, and precise tracking of client progress throughout this procedure.
- Client billing maintenance, including updating client records as needed and support of annual client billing rate renewal.
- Maintaining all aspects of ongoing office operations and administrative support infrastructure (office supplies, equipment, kitchen, file maintenance, etc.)
- Attorney support, including travel arrangement, appointments, reservations, and preparing food orders
- Planning and implementing special occasions such as holiday and summer gatherings
- Communicating with clients via email and telephone, as well as in person, directing them to the best resource to address their needs quickly
- Primary point of contact interacting with building management to arrange vendor visits, ensure building services meet expectations, and prepare for and test emergency response procedures
- Maintaining building security key cards and transit cards, and sharing with employees status updates from building management, transit operators, and local government
- Master and then improve best practices and standard operations for the office
- Additional office and administrative support activities as needed
- An undergraduate degree, with preference for candidates who have demonstrated superior academic performance
- Prior law firm or other professional service firm experience preferred, but not required
- Professional and positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail producing high quality work product
- Mastery of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated desire to take initiative and learn by doing
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise
A full benefits package, which includes: medical and dental insurance, paid time off, a 401k with employer match, family leave, a transportation subsidy, health club and internet subsidy, an employee assistance program, life insurance, and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Office Hours 8:30-5:30 Monday thru Friday.