Myles Conway has 24 years of practice experience working in the areas of real estate law, land use, public lands, environmental law and mining. Mr. Conway assists clients with real estate and development projects throughout the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. His work includes resort projects, industrial developments, large data center projects, mixed use commercial and residential developments and projects on both public and private lands. He is experienced with all aspects of development permitting and project approval, including the attainment of administrative entitlements and development approvals from a wide variety of federal, state and local agencies.
Mr. Conway has significant experience working with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Forest Service on complicated access issues on the public lands. He regularly represents clients in proceedings before local governments, state and federal agencies, and the court system. He previously served as a land use hearing officer for the City of Bend, adjudicating a variety of land use and development-related matters.
He served as Assistant Attorney General for the State of Alaska from 1995 to 2000, where he addressed many natural resource, environmental and public land issues facing the state, including litigation related to the Pacific Salmon Treaty and access to public lands. Mr. Conway previously handled a significant amount of work on behalf of plaintiff fishermen in the Exxon Valdez oil spill litigation.
- Represented land-owners and developers in the acquisition, permitting and extension of infrastructure for large data center campus facilities in Oregon. Obtained annexation of properties and extension of power, transportation, fiber and water infrastructure to data center sites.
- Obtained conceptual master plan and final master plan approval for multi-phased destination resort projects in Deschutes County and Crook County, Oregon.
- Handled re-zoning of 200-acre community college campus and development of mixed-use campus zoning that authorizes wide variety of educational, commercial and residential land uses on college owned properties.
- Represented owner of aggregate quarry to obtain land use approval for expansion of aggregate mining and processing operations.
- Counsel to large regional homebuilder, assisting in the acquisition, permitting and development of numerous planned residential development projects in Oregon and Washington.
- Drafted local code provisions authorizing mixed-use industrial development projects.
- Completed complex private land exchange projects with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management- placing public lands into private ownership.
- Successfully established public rights-of-way and associated rights of access over protected areas of federal land.
- Re-zoned restricted lands for the development of residential, commercial and industrial uses.
- Handled due diligence and acquisition of many large ranch projects in central and eastern Oregon. Addressed issues related to state and federal permitting, access to and through federal lands, water rights, mineral reservations and endangered species protections.